Monday, March 6, 2017

A Weekend to Play

KT Winner

Congrats to the winner of my KT Aurifil threads this week:
Karen MotherK - Can't wait to get my hands on Thistle Farm!! When you have a new line come out, I have to load up on them as they go with any of your lines. The colors & prints are beautiful!!
Please reply to lynne@ktquilts.com with your mailing address. We'll send out your 4 spools of Aurifil ASAP.

Weekend of Antiquing

Robert and I enjoyed a weekend away from work antique shopping, eating out and relaxing at a couple of movies. We had accumulated several free motel nights and had movie gift certificates from Christmas to spend. Woohoo! Even better. And, since we weren't working, we had an empty car to fill with treasures. Here are a few of my favs.


Of course, I'm always on the hunt for great antique quilts & prints for upcoming fabric lines. I found some good scrappy quilts and scraps of old fabrics in bags & blocks, too. Mission accomplished. Sometimes, I indulge in a fun 2 color quilt like this red/white zigzag just for it's graphic appeal. The theme of the weekend seemed to be red as we came home with not one, but two, red wagons and a red tricycle. I'm a sucker for the old children's toys in the yard and Robert loves them too. His favorite purchase? A box full of Bocce balls (there are a few in the Postum box). They have good color and stripes, so I'll figure out a way to incorporate them into our decor. Love, love the alterations/aprons sign for my home studio. My favorite-ist item is the handmade spool with an awl in the end sitting in the grain scoop. My friend, Pam Buda (Heartspun Quilts) found that beauty for me and R picked up the other two spools to add to my newly formed collection. I always enjoy this antique show. So much fun! 


Moda Blockheads BOW

I'll be blogging every Wednesday this year for the block-of-the-week, so I'm not going to continue every Monday, too. I'll post when there's news you won't want to miss, like the KT Monthly Special and new fabric arrivals, etc. Otherwise, I'll see you here on Wednesdays. I hope you're all ready to go. I know I can't wait!

11 comments:

  1. The quilts are beautiful. I am looking forward to the Blockheads starting. It should be a fun BOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that chevron quilt. My quilt shop is having a class on chevrons in April & I keep playing with colors for it. But now maybe I'll go old school with red & cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun time. Looking forward to the bow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red and white quilt! 2 color quilts are my favorite. Looks like it was a fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You scored some awesome finds--love them all--especially that zigzag quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a chance to have a fun weekend together. I am looking forward to the Blockhead block tomorrow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cannot figure out how to sign up for BOW. Would very much like to get weekly notifications.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok just signed up to follow this blog. Will that get me weekly notifications of BOW?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm anxious to see all the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that chevron quilt. My quilt shop is having a class on chevrons in April & I keep playing with colors for it. But now maybe I'll go old school with red & cream.

    ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก

    ReplyDelete