Saturday, February 18, 2023

Gramma Ethel's Garden

I enjoyed working in the garden with my Gramma as a child. I not only learned the difference between a radish leaf and a weed, but also the rewards of hard work in the form of fresh strawberries and vegetables. She's the woman who nurtured my creative spirit and encouraged messes in the process. Her collection of buttons, trims and fabric scraps was fascinating to me. We would spend a whole morning selecting the perfect fabric and trims for Barbie clothes, then sewed them by hand. It was a special time spent with a special lady. She passed away in my early twenties before I started quilting, but I'm sure she's rooting me on from her garden in Heaven.

My quilt, Gramma Ethel's Garden, is in appreciation of her unconditional love and support throughout my life. The simple-to-piece blocks create a garden of blooms in prim rows, just like her garden from my childhood memories. Do you have a special memory of a Grandmother?



Find the pattern, kit HERE. Find all of our Clover Blossom Farm fabric, precuts, patterns and more at ktquilts.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment