Tuesday, March 13, 2018

It's Good to be Home

 Home Again

We slept at home last night after being on the road for almost 3 weeks, driving to and from Florida and teaching on 2 quilting cruises in a row. It was good to sleep in my own bed - especially because it wasn't moving! The first week of cruising, we had gloriously calm seas and happy cruisers/quilters all around. The ladies worked on a 9-patch batik quilt with Jenny, finished a delightful quilted bag with Judy and her amazing Baby Lock Crescendo embroidery machine, and pieced a wall quilt with seasonal button-ons with me. For Week #2, we welcomed another 100 quilters who were anxious to start sewing. They got their wish when the waves were so high we couldn't port in the Bahamas the first day as planned. What to do? Start classes a day early! We made lemons into lemonade and had a delightful second week, as well. I love to share my Layered Patchwork technique and spend time with quilters, listening to their personal stories. All in all, a great adventure. Thanks to everyone who made the voyage with us one to remember. 

Technical Issues

 While we were away, our ktquilts.com website/emails quit working. No one can explain why - "Technical issues" was the explanation. So, if you tried to place an order or email KTQ between about February 25th and March 5th and have not received a reply, please call to make sure we received your email/order. All is good and  we're back online again. 

KT Winners

There are lots of winners to announce this week, so let's get to it!

The winner of the Windmills & Fence Posts pattern is:
Gwynette in NW Arkansas - Windmills and Fence Posts sounds so "Kansas". My daughter lives in Clay Center and we love your shop. Thank you for simplifying the log cabin into a great looking quilt!!!

The winner of 3 KT Fresh Cut Flowers Mini Charms is:
Donna Lee Lurker - I would love to win the Mini-Charms quilt book! I've missed the Blockheads weekly get-together. I hope you'll be participating in Blockheads II!

The winner of a Mini Charms ebook by Martingale is:
Cheree @ That Morning Latte- This book looks like so much fun, and one that I would make most, if not all, of the projects from!


The winner of the Through the Year Again pattern is:
Roxanne B -Your designs are wonderful as usual. I'd love to learn the layered technique and more about the cruise.


The winners of last week's scrap boxes are:
Judy Zoll - Mostly I use Bonnie Hunter's system, except for my KT scraps which have their own special place. I am currently working on a scrap quilt using my KT fabrics so my drawer is getting depleted. What a great time to win some more KT fabrics. Through the years I have gone from one style to another, but I have never tired of the KT fabrics. Keep up the good work.

WhiteEagle - I keep my various half square triangles, sorted by size, in clear shoe boxes that take up two shelves in a bookcase. My strips go in a bin that I try to use daily for strip blocks and also use them for beginning and ending sewing. That way I'm always doing two projects at once. My larger squares are used in four patches and sorted like the half square triangles and also for start and end sewing if I run out of strips.


6 comments:

  1. Glad you’re back home. Joy was extremely helpful when the site was down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy is a life-saver! KTQ wouldn't be the same without her.

      Delete
  2. Lynne, I am so excited to be a winner Whiteeagle. Is there anything I need to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I join KT collectors club?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whiteeagle email is dianne61@comcast.net and I still have no idea how to claim my prize. help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fresh Cut Flowers to begin Spring this year! Love them & thanks for the opportunity to win them!
    Genting Crown

    ReplyDelete