Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Blockheads Week #33


Block #33 - Starz by Jo Morton

This week Jo designed a delightful star block with lots of energy. It looks like an exploding star to me. Love it! Kathy interpreted the traditional block in Jo's blues (left) while Joy went bolder with gold and navy KT fabrics. Find the links for traditional piecing and Layered Patchwork below.




Click HERE for Jo's blog and the pattern for Starz.

Click HERE for my Layered Patchwork option of Starz.

Question of the Week:  It's fall, Halloween is less than two weeks away and Christmas is in two months. Do you make seasonal quilts? When do you start making them? 

I love to decorate for the seasons - at home, at the store and at the retreat center. That's alot of pumpkins and holly! As for making seasonal quilts, I often coordinate the seasons with my fabric collections. My fall line comes out in September or October, but I'm sewing quilts in April to show at Spring Market. They're ready in plenty of time for all decorating. Christmas hits the stores in June, so I'm making those projects around Thanksgiving. I'm getting in the mood for Christmas, so it works out beautifully. But, just because I've made those seasonal quilts doesn't mean I'm able to take them home and cuddle with them. It could be 2-3 years before they're "retired" from traveling in trunk shows and hanging in the store so I can enjoy them at home. It's been long enough now I have a good assortment of seasonal quilts to display and decorate with in every space. I've been looking all over for a fall table topper I love and realized the daughter "borrowed" it last year. Oh well, time to make another quilt!


Here are the links to my other Blockheads buddies. Check them out!


 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks.
    I haven't a seasonal quilt but I'd love to.I made seasonal wallhanging , pillows and runners.I began with them in October because some are for being gifted to family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made quilted Christmas tree skirts as gifts. I've also made a few Fall table runner's and a beautiful Halloween quilt for my son. I really should have more Fall/Halloween quilts in my home, because it's my favorite time of year. Once a quilt is finished if someone mentions that they like it, I'll give it to them. Thinking I'll make another and then that never happens. I really need to fix that problem. ;->

    ReplyDelete