Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Prairie Days Sampler Quilt-a-Long

My new Prairie Dreams fabric collection is due to arrive in late March. I have several fun projects featuring precuts from this line. Watch for more information over the coming weeks. 

Today, I'm extending an official invitation to you to quilt-a-long with me to make the Prairie Days Sampler and 6 mini quilts. We'll begin with Red Dawn and piece our way through a Prairie Day with Morning Dew, Day Dreamin', Afternoon Delight, Evening Shadows and Midnight Flight. At the end of 6 months, you'll have completed 6 mini quilts and a lap quilt! I pieced each mini in a weekend and quilted them myself with simple lines. Very doable. Aren't they adorable?

 

Beginning in mid-April, we'll send the fabrics you'll need to make one of the mini projects PLUS the coordinating blocks for the quilt. For example, Month #1 is all about the red & tan Red Dawn Stars mini quilt and the matching rows for the sampler quilt. I'll host a Facebook Live each month (TBD) to talk about techniques for piecing the different blocks with tips I learned piecing them. I'm happy to answer your questions along the way. This was one of the most fun and satisfying projects I've done in a while. I loved having a completed mini quilt or pillow as I was making blocks for the sampler quilt. It seemed to go together quickly and easily using tried and true piecing methods.

The Prairie Days Quilt-a-Long Kit is $64.98/month for 6 months. You'll receive:

Month #1 - Prairie Days booklet + a large spool of tan Aurifil thread for piecing. 

Each of (6) months you'll receive:

* Precut Layer Cake squares plus yardage for the mini quilt AND the matching section/row of the sampler quilt.

* Coordinating backing for the mini quilt.

* Aurifil 50wt. thread to match the mini quilt for quilting. 

* Free shipping (plus a little surprise).

You'll have everything you need to complete the mini quilt each month. It's the perfect combination of instant gratification while piecing a sampler quilt. Win, win!


 We've preordered Layer Cakes and fabric for the quilt-a-long, but supplies are limited. Call the KT Quilt Shop and sign up today. 785-488-2120. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment