Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Moda Blockheads Week #44



Question of the week: Do you make New Year's resolutions? A word for the year?

I no longer make resolutions, as I foolishly did in my youth. Instead, I try to renew my commitment to balance in my life. My husband and I both work in the quilting business, so it's important to not talk shop all evening. When Robert and I travel for business, we plan a day or two to see the area we're visiting, or stop somewhere fun along the way to break up a long drive. I've found all work and no play makes for very little creative inspiration.  


Blockheads Week #44 - Lawyer's Puzzle by Betsy Chutchian

This week's block is similar to the Kansas Troubles block with it's tiny triangles and visual movement. It's also similar in that traditional piecing is the preferred method. We're not offering a Layered Patchwork version this week since sometimes, it's best to leave well enough alone. Here are Kathy's 2-color block from Betsy's fabric collections and Joy's scrappy KT version.





So exciting, just 4 more weeks until all the blocks are revealed - and a few surprises! Stay tuned and visit the other Blockheads' sites for more -

Lisa's Blog - https://lisabongean.com/

Jan's Blog - http://janpatek.blogspot.com/

Jo's Blog - http://jomortonquilts.com/jos_journal/



Carrie's Blog - http://blog.modafabrics.com/






9 comments:

  1. No resolutions for me. 2018 has to be better than 2017. Starting the New Year off in a week long camp! Going to be epic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My resolution is to finish my UFO's before starting new projects. So sorry to hear you had the flu. Hope you are feeling much better! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fab scraps! I am collectimg for a fall pineapple quilt. They would be perfect! Hope you are feeling better. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your scraps, just the right colors for me! My resolution is to try and quilt some of the tops that i have waiting to go to the longarmer. Thank you for participating in the Blockheads BOW, sew fun!
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have recovered from your illness, hurray and healthy is a good way to start 2018.
    My quilting resolution is to finish some of the quilt tops I made last year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My resolution is to try and finish more UFO's. I love all things KS Troubles and would love your scraps!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blocks! I just love Kansas Troubles fabrics! They all go together so easily. My word for the year is Accuracy, and that could also be a resolution. To be more accurate with my cutting and sewing. I'm a beginner and I've improved SO much by learning from our FB group and from all of you designers. I now measure at least twice and cut once. I also am still working on the perfect scant 1/4" seam. I'll get there. In the meantime, I've become a hoarder of fabrics from all of the Blockheads designers. :) Thank you for all of the beautiful blocks you've provided us Blockheads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No New Years resolutions here either. I always love your fabric collections. Go very well with my Antique Decor in my house. Would love to have some of your scraps. God bless you and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No New Years resolutions. I would love some of your scraps as I always love your collections.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete