Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Moda Blockheads Week #45


Blockheads Week #45

Question of the Week: Do you have any exciting plans or adventures on your calendar for 2018?
As a matter of fact, I do! Jenny Doan and I are cruisin' together again in Feb/March. We're teaching in back-to-back cruises this year - 2 weeks at sea, double the fun! If you missed my blog Friday, there were a few last minute cancellations due to illness, etc. If you're up for a great time quilting at sea, check it out.

I'll be in Dayton, OH for the One Stop Shop Hop in April. They're trying something new this year - a designer to teach workshops and share a couple trunk shows. Can't wait to see how the experiment works! In July, I'll be traveling to Portland, Maine for their annual quilt show to teach several classes. We're excited to be in an area of the country I've not taught before and plan to make time for sight-seeing in New England. September brings a very fun weekend event with Jenny again. For those who aren't all about boats, come play with us on land in San Diego for a luxurious retreat.

I'm trying to keep my website calendar up to date a little better this year, so check it out to see if I'm coming to your area.

Block #45 - Double Dutch by Jo Morton

I love, love, love this block full of flying geese. It has alot of movement and can be made in a variety of color combinations. Kathy selected a few of Jo's vintage hues for a softer vibe. Joy went autumn with KT fabrics in pumpkin and brown. The back demonstrates perfectly how Layered Patchwork simplifies with fewer seams and a flatter block.

Click HERE for Jo's Blog and instructions for Double Dutch.




Click HERE for my Layered Patchwork version of Double Dutch.


Visit all the Blockheads this week for more fun versions of Jo's block.

Betsy's Blog - http://betsysbestquiltsandmore.blogspot.com/

Lisa's Blog - https://lisabongean.com/

Jan's Blog - http://janpatek.blogspot.com/

Carrie's Blog - http://blog.modafabrics.com/

1 comment:

  1. I love these blocks you've been posting! My quilt guild is doing a quilt challenge where we have to make 12.5" blocks. I wonder if I simply doubled the measurements of the fabrics, would I be able to make them 12.5"? I love your layered patchwork version of the Double Dutch!

    ReplyDelete