Friday, May 25, 2018

Past & Future

KT Winner

I'm a couple weeks behind in announcing a winner of the KT Country Road Flannel bundle. I've been enjoying working in the yard and cleaning up/organizing my spaces in this "in-between" fabric lines period of time. But we do have a winner! Congratulations to:

Jan Taylor -What happens when 2 different type of gardeners live in the same house & both live in the woods? You make garden areas for 1 to mow around but don”t fill the area because he needs to drive through in the fall to collect the leaves. So, yes yard art shows up as that can be moved plus it doesn’t feed the deer. 
I feel your frustration, Jan. We've replanted so many times I think we're just restocking the buffet for the deer at our house! Please email me at lynne@ktquilts.com with your mailing address and Robert will send your Country Road flannel bundle right away.

Happy Memorial Day

In the past, I've looked forward to the long holiday weekend, visiting with family & friends and relaxing on the porch. I usually help my Mom take flowers to the graves of family members passed - grandparents, great-grandparents and long lost relatives I've only heard stories about. I knew a couple of my grandparents, but I was relatively young when they passed, so it isn't usually an emotional time for me. This year is different. This week marks the first anniversary of my Dad's passing. I plan to take 2 dozen sunflowers to his grave tomorrow, one for each of his kids & grankids. I drive by the cemetery almost every day, but that's not where I feel his presence. We built our  little house in the country on the land across the road from where he grew up and learned to drive a tractor. I look out the window each day to see the pond he helped dig as a teenager. He stocked it with fish so his kids and grandkids could cast a line and catch a fish in minutes. He strolled down our lane every day, walking stick in hand, to feed the fish and linger under the giant cottonwood tree, watching the ducks and geese, surrounded by the place he loved. I don't need to visit the cemetery to be close to my Dad. I am blessed to live at his happy place. Have a wonderful weekend remembering those you miss and keep close to your heart.

New Projects

It seems everything I'm working on right now is not yet ready for the big reveal. I'm putting the finishing touches on a new fabric collection for 2019, including an all new KT Favorites line, designing a Block-of-the-Month quilt celebrating 20 years with Moda, taking pictures for a new book with Martingale to follow up Cozy Quilts and Comforts, and planning my new design studio we're adding onto our home. So much happening in the next year, but nothing much I can share now. What I can share is the project I'll be teaching on the Jenny/Lynne cruise in March 2019. This is a computer generated image of what I have so far, probably to be tweaked a bit, but here it is...

I designed this quilt with my Layered Patchwork technique in mind. The stars, flying geese and pieced border are all created using a Nature's Glory Layer Cake and my simplified method for easier piecing. Interested? In addition to making this 60"x60" lap quilt, you'll spend a day with Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Co. learning her unique way of assembling quilt blocks, and a day with Judy Fenton, Baby Lock dealer extraordinaire, creating a wonderful project using all the features of the machine. Plus trunk shows and lots of fun! We'd love to have you join us in March 2019 for one of two weeks quiltin' and cruisin' at sea. For more information, contact our travel agent, Lenore, at cruiselady@tampabay.rr.com.

For now, here's what I need from all of you - suggestions for a name for this quilt. Any ideas? I've named about 2 dozen projects in the past few weeks and my brain is fried. The winning submission will win a Nature's Glory Layer Cake, which isn't available until September. Help!





62 comments:

  1. How about naming it Stars take flight or Glorious flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fly high amoung glorious stars
    Or... member our stars passing

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about Homestead or Homeplace?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright stars with flying geese in America

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stars on Dad's Pond. When I saw the colors imwas thinking of a pond and saw all the colors in and around a pond. Then your Dad just had to be the star!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nature's glory pond stars or just pond stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! It makes me think of the fall migration of birds here in eastern PA. There are times under a starry sky that you can see them. The full moon reflects off of them. It really is beautiful. So I'm thinking Starry Migration might be a good name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops...I meant Starlit Migration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My suggestion - Cruising with the Stars (to be interpreted both ways, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As soon as I saw the quilt, I thought Country Lanes. Thanks.

    dbelliott at outlook dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carmen MontmarquetMay 26, 2018 at 6:50 AM

    How about Starry Night.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynne, I feel you pain in your Dad's passing - but those memories are precious. A name for the quilt - Starry Flight? Or Starry Seas. Have a wonderful Memorial weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Stars at Sea" was the first name that came to mind (since you'll be teaching it on the cruise). Beautiful comments about the memories of your Dad. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stars & Geese Abound - wonderful quilt..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think Fly to the Stars is a good name. Whatever the name is, I love the colors and the understated simplicity. KT fabrics are my comfort pallet anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sailing with Stars or Geese over the Sea's. I love the pattern no matter the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What about Glorious Stars? Beautiful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Flying with the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  19. Flying Around the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  20. The I’ve chosen is GLORY ROAD to support the lines’ name and then road for the half square triangles around each star. It also represents the road that this country follows for Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glorious Geese? Hope you have a super fun holiday weekend--I'll be gardening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How about just OH GLORY! or GLORY!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glory Stars and Nature's Geese. Love the new line!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I thought of "Natures Memories". I loved your story about your dad, I felt I was right there seeing it all. Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  25. "Playing among the stars" a take on a line from the Frank Sinatra song "Fly Me to the Moon."

    ReplyDelete
  26. I’d call it either Shining Glory, or Nature’s Shining Glory

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the memories of your Dad. For the quilt, how about Kansas Sky

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm not good with names, but what about Layered Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  29. 1/ My dad’s star pond
    2/ Stars above walking stick lane
    3/ geese on walking stick pond
    4/ dad’s stars

    ReplyDelete
  30. How about "Navigating by the Stars" ?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Since the 4 center star colors remind me of the seasons, how about "The Seasons"....Winter, Spring Summer and Fall or the seasons of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  32. As I look at this quilt reflecting on your post and all you have going on in this season of your life I would say an appropriate name would be Everywhich Way Is Up! Or Counting My. Blessings. You are definitely one very busy Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love to watch the geese fly over our house. How about : Simple Pleasures

    ReplyDelete
  34. Navigating the Stars or Night Migration

    ReplyDelete
  35. what's wrong with Nature's Glory?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Off the top of my head, fly away home. Can the movie maker sue you?

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Lynne,
    How about Crusin' Stars for the name of the quilt? I enjoy reading your posts. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  38. "Four Star Memories, Fifth in My Heart"

    ReplyDelete
  39. I really like your post good blog on site,Thanks for your sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  40. How about Star Flight....love the prints

    ReplyDelete
  41. Your story of your father was so touching - How about "Country Lane" for the name of the quilt? Done in your fabric lines, the quilt is definitely Country.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Geese Surrounding the Stars. Great quilt Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow !!! beautiful and so lovely work :) i really like your good idea so much.Thank for sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lynne, thanks for sharing your memories of your Dad. I live on our family farm established in 1852, and I often think of my ancestors as I work in the yard on my country landscaping. I love the new fabrics & the quilt pattern! How about "Glory in the Stars" for a title.

    ReplyDelete