Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Seeing Stars

Moda IG Takeover

I'm taking over Moda's Instagram for a couple days while they travel to Portland, OR for Spring Quilt Market. I was rather surprised they asked me, since I'm not very tech savvy and don't post to my own IG on a regular basis. But I was up for the challenge, appreciated the opportunity and vowed to up my game with my own social media once this is over. Do you follow your favorite designers on Facebook and/or Instagram? What's your favorite social media site and why?


New Project for Nature's Glory

What can you do with a Jelly Roll in just a few hours? My new Stars on a Roll lap quilt! One Jelly Roll plus one border fabric is all you need to whip up a simply starry quilt for anyone on your list. Nature's Glory fabric and projects are available at your favorite quilt shop in September.






12 comments:

  1. My first preference is blogs, because I enjoy reading about quilts and quilters. I follow a few quilters on Instagram (including you), because you can’t beat Instagram for instant lovliness and inspiration. I do not do Facebook and never have because I’ve always been concerned about the lack of privacy. I’m enjoying you Moda takeover this week, Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m like Margaret in regards to Facebook. Have been tempted but hear too many negative remarks about it from friends & family. So it’s quilters blogs that I follow. You designers let us into your lives, events & thoughts on family, designing, results, etc. That’s enough of a privilege for me. When there are special programs I meet new quilt designers through their blogs. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Margaret too. I especially don't like Facebook for the same reasons as her. I prefer blogs and follow many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like we are all on the same page. I like blogs. I do have a Facebook account that I use for extended family news but don't Instagram at all. I do it but don't like doing business with companies that don't have a web site but only a Facebook presence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogs are where it's at for me too. I do have a Facebook account that I use to follow quilt-a-longs, etc ... for example the APQ 2018 UFO Challenge & Farmer's Wife 1930s Sampler Quilt. It's all fun as long as we don't share TOO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how to IG, but I am on facebook every day, so that is where I get most of my quilt info. I also LOVE getting emails. Love the Star Quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do e-mail blogs and face book only, call me old and I will say YES! The rest is for someone else. Face book tends to get busy with other stuff and the quilt related things get shuffled to the side. :.(

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite social media site is Instagram, and yes, I follow tons of quilters on there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot the why...right now I have pretty much only internet access via my cell phone, and Instagram is easy to access. Also, I feel like Instagram is simpler without too much busyness and drama going on! ;)

      Delete
  9. Very nice post really ! I apperciate your blog Thanks for sharing,keep sharing more blogs.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete