Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Star Cluster Quilt-a-Long Week #8

Week #8 - Borders & Finishing

I didn't get as much sewing done as I'd hoped this weekend, so my quilt is not totally put together, but it's getting there. The first tan border is on, all the HST are made (trimming left to do), the brick border is cut out and ready to go, so it won't take too long to complete the quilt.

As we've been doing in the past weeks, I oversized my squares when making the half square triangles (HST) so they can be trimmed. While I was handling all the dark fabrics, I also cut the rectangles for the bricks border. I find it saves alot of time to cut as much as possible at one time.


Here is the rough layout of my quilt. My question is: Do I use the black candy cane fabric for the outer border? Or the green? I've used black on several of my other Christmas projects, so I might go with green for something different. What do you think?


Thanks to everyone who quilted along with me to make a Star Cluster quilt. I love it just as much the second time around! Maybe I need to start another one in red,tan,blue???

Watch over the next few weeks as I introduce the new fabric collection for Spring Market, Bittersweet Lane, and all the fun quilts to go with it. Also, two new booklets with six seasonal Mini Table Treats, and a year's worth of fun and easy pincushions. So much more to come!

16 comments:

  1. Sew excited to see, and get my hands on your new collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. I like the green print for your border the best, but green is my favorite color. I have not started the Star Cluster Quilt yet, but the bundle of fat 8ths is sitting where I have to walk by each day to keep it fresh on my mind. Then yesterday I received the SUPER amazing June Quilt Kit Club and think I really need to do that tabletopper first. So much many COOL Kansas Trouble projects on my to do list. No time to be bored!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonita, I was tickled with the Kit to Quilt project for June, too. Perfect for the 4th of July and all summer long. Glad you're loving the club.

      Delete
  3. Green definitely - makes one want to coverup with it on a snowy afternoon !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty. I like the green. It makes all stars shine not the border. quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Star Cluster quilt! The black border is formal, but the green border is just looking like it needs a cuddle. Guess it’s all about what mood you are in....display the quilt or bunched up on the sofa for a good cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use most of my quilts and this one would definitely be a cuddly one. Green it is.

      Delete
  6. I love your new line Sweet Holly and the tree quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, watch for info on a quilt-a-long in August.

      Delete
  7. I think the green is the best choice as well. It's a bit less bold as the black and pulls the colors out. Good luck with your other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilt! Did I miss the cutting measurements on these pieces?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the cutting measurements for this quilt are in the Star Cluster pattern available at ktquilts.com in either digital PDF or paper.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete