Monday, August 8, 2011

Garden Inspirations Winner

Aleece and I spent the week creating t-shirts, flip-flops and a book bag - no quilting this time. After a shopping trip to Hobby Lobby, her head was turned by all the shiny beads and baubles and bling. I guess that makes her a pretty average 6-yr-old. I was fascinated by her choices and encouraged her to experiment with different techniques. She used stick-on stencils (that stuck to themselves more than the garments), glue on beads and flowers and fabric markers to "paint" with. Here's part of the results:



The little artist posed with some of her creations. Her favorite thing to do right now is to write love notes and draw little cards for me to hang on the 'frig, but with 5 grandkids all vying for space, I found these cool foam-backed frames she can open and change each time she visits. That way, she chooses "the best" stuff to keep and we can rotate the dozens of pictures, notes and pins to display.

All in all, a fun way to spend the week, but now I'm playing catch up - again!

Now to the winner of the Garden Inspirations charm pack - jmniffer. Congrats and thanks for commenting. Email your address and we'll send it right out.

As for my week, I'm taking a few days of creative play with my designer friend, Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts. We met halfway in Des Moines, IA for a couple days of intense girlfriend time. She always challenges me to learn more about this techie world we navigate in and inspires lots of ideas. I am blessed to have her as a colleague and buddy. We all need those girlfriends in our lives that just "get us". How do spend quality time with your inspiring girlfriends?

See you all Later this week for another edition of ChArming Thursday.

Location:Des Moines, IA

3 comments:

  1. My best "kindred spirit" friend died last March at the age of 57. She was the one who took me out of my comfort zone to new experiences and stretched me in loving ways. I still get together with a few other friends each month for lunch, but I am really a home body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did such a beautiful job, definitely a budding artist. Can't believe she is only 6. I look forward to getting back to classes and spending time with other quilters, for now I am going through lyme treatment and working on small projects to keep my mind busy.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little artist.
    I have a friend who has made me come out of my comfort zone and is a joy to be with. We have a motto of "what is said in the car, stays in the car". She has given me so much and made me much more outgoing.
    PB in MN

    ReplyDelete