Monday, August 1, 2011

Another Monday Winner

The winner of the Autumn Journey charm pack this week is "farmgal". Enjoy!

I love hearing from quilters who have taken my workshops and send pictures of their finished projects. Here's one from Nancy Reed of Wabash, IN. I love that she reconfigured the blocks in Five & Dime, making it a "Nancy original".


That's Nancy, third from the left in blue. The workshop in Wabash, hosted by Quilts 'n Bloom, was held in a wonderfully renovated old gym with a stage - very fun. We're posing on the steps to the stage here. Thanks to all the ladies of Wabash - and shop owner Cheryl - for an entertaining event.

Send your pictures to ktquilts.com. You just might make the blog!

Aleece and I are off to the building to work this morning, swim this afternoon and wait on the plumber to come fix our water pump. What a time for the well to shut down! No showers, no laundry, no flushing....it's almost as bad as having no electricity at all!

Stay cool,
Lynne

4 comments:

  1. Great quilt Nancy! Lynne, hope the plumber gets your pump fixed quickly. I've learned that I can get by without power, but I get real cranky when we have no water! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Thanks you, I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is just gorgeous! You have a right to be excited....and very proud, Nancy!! And Lynne I do hope you get water soon!! We had a power outage after a horrible storm, for 3 days, just a couple of weeks ago. Hottest days of summer and no A/C and lost all our freezer/ fridge stuff. I think either (no water or no power) makes for a rough day. Hoping its fixed SOON! S Warren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lynne for publishing my quilt on your blog, I am so excited. I want to thank my dear friend Elaine Reed (she's in the plaid blouse in front of me) from Alexandria IN who quilted the quilt so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete