Sunday, April 24, 2022

Studio KTQ Update

It's been a long two years since we began building my dream studio. The foundation was poured in Feb. 2020. Not great planning, I know. Within a month, Covid hit and the world shut down. My son, Neil, the contractor, was quarantining at home in Colorado, so we decided to delay building "for just a couple months". Long story short, between Covid, shipping delays, unavailable materials and soaring lumber prices, it's finally coming all together.

Just a few weeks ago, we didn't have a floor or ceiling. Now, I'm stacking all my pretty fabric on simple, industrial pipe shelves that span over 18'. I've spent the weekend sorting and purging, trying to organize as I go. It will be so nice to have everything I need all in one place.

Now that we're on a roll, watch for Studio KTQ updates in the coming weeks.




5 comments:

  1. Genius idea with the industrial pipe. Was this bought as is? It would work well in my storage building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at Home Depot online. It comes as a 4 shelf bookcase - one pair of support posts in each box. I purchased enough to make an additional shelf for five total. Note the depth is only 11-12" so it might not work for every storage purpose.

      Delete
  2. It looks lovely!! Enjoy the process--even though it has been a logistics battle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so happy for you. It looks amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with all of us.

    ReplyDelete