Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Moda Blockheads II - Block #27

Block #27 - Mountain Climbing by Lynne Hagmeier

If you know me, you know I don't usually make blocks with so many half square triangles, but this block intrigued me. I like the geometry of it and  It worked out great since it's a large block, so none of the elements are less than 2" finished. I can deal with that! Kathy Limpic pieced my red/tan/blue version with a dark and light blue "X" across the center bordered by gold triangles and filled in with scrappy red triangles. Love it! I could make a whole quilt like this - and it wouldn't take that many blocks at 18" square!

Here are the numbers for Kathy's red/tan/blue Mountain Climbing block:
(9) medium blue 2 1/2" sq.
(8) dark blue 2 1/2" sq.
(8) gold 2 7/8" sq.
(24) red 2 7/8" sq.
(32) tan 2 7/8" sq.




My version is made from the new On Meadowlark Pond fabric collection showing to quilt shops now. It will ship in February, just in time for your spring quilting inspiration. More on the projects that feature this line in upcoming posts. Lovin' this block more and more...


Here's the breakdown for my KTQ Mountain Climbing block:
(9) gold 2 1/2" sq.
(8) green 2 1/2" sq.
(20) black 2 7/8" sq.
(12) red 2 7/8" sq.
(32) tan 2 7/8" sq.





To find the instructions for Mountain Climbing, click HERE.


Have you heard about my first KT & Friends Retreat, June 19-22, 2019? Barb & Mary of Me & My Sister Designs (and Blockheads II fame), along with Jenny Doan of Missouri Star, are joining me for 3 days of workshops, demos, Make & Takes, trunk shows and a whole lotta fun! Email our retreat coordinator, Kathy Limpic at KRLIMPIC@GMAIL.COM for more information. We're all so exited to teach together and meet all of you. We're about half full, so grab a friend and register today!

2 comments:

  1. RETREAT UPDATE: Everyone is very excited about our 2019 KT & Friends Retreat and the registrations are literally coming in by two and four at a time (quilters love bringing along their friends!). So, if you are thinking about joining Lynne, Jenny, and Barb and Mary next June, please don't wait. Reach out to Kathy Limpic at krlimpic@gmail.com as soon as possible....WE ARE FILLING UP FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete