Thursday, January 24, 2019

Looking forward to Sunshine

KT Winner

 Congratulations to this week's winner:

Angelia Lanouette - Oh my, you have been very busy! I grew up in New Hampshire and I am very familiar with the beautiful beaches of Maine. Ogunquit and Kennebunk are some of our favorites. Further up the coast is Bar Harbor and the absolutely beautiful Acadia National Park where you can be the first to see sunrise from top of Cadillac Mountain...the highest point on the US east coast. I think I need to check out the Elephant's Trunk flea market on our way home from our yearly trip to NH to visit family. :)

I'd love to hear any tips or tricks you have for keeping your sewing room organized. I've promised myself I'm not moving anything into my new studio unless it really is part of my productive work process (or fun inspirational decor :). Anyone else have a problem with collecting charms/fat quarters/mini charms just because they're so darn cute? Now, I have to collect cute containers to store them in, too! Oh well, the best laid plans...

2019 Begins with a Road Trip - Heading South

Robert and I are off to several locations for trunk shows & workshops the first 10 days of February. We'll start at The Cherry Pit Quilt Shop in Sevierville, TN on Jan.31-Feb1. The trunk show is Thursday evening with a workshop featuring Pumpkin Seeds on Friday. I think Jan has a few openings for both, so be sure to call for reservations. I'd love to meet you! The Cherry Pit - 865-453-4062.


We have the whole weekend to play and plan to celebrate our 32nd anniversary (Feb.13) while we're gone. The weather has been so cold and snowy in Kansas, we're tickled to be heading to warmer temperatures. Just sitting outside will be a treat!

On Feb. 5 & 6th, we'll be visiting The Villages Quilt Guild. Trunk show is at the guild meeting Tuesday evening with a workshop on my 30-Something lap quilt on Wednesday. Still a couple spots available for the workshop and always room for more at the guild meeting. We'd love to see you there!


We travel down the road to Country Roads Quilt Guild in Ocala, FL on Thursday evening for a trunk show at their guild meeting. I'll teach a simple way to piece the traditional Hunter's Star block featuring a Honey Bun and our KT Diamond Template for a Rustic Stars lap quilt in the workshop on Friday. Contact the guild at www.crq.com for more information.


While I'm gone, comment to win a Pumpkin Seeds booklet AND a Prairie Cactus booklet. Do you like to take classes? Does your guild offer classes?

Would you like me to come to your guild to teach? I'm filling up my 2020-21 calendar quickly. Please contact me for information on KT workshops/trunk shows.

25 comments:

  1. I am not part of a guild.But I have taken classes before. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was going to be in the Seiverville area. Love the Cherry Pit. Love the area. Good food, other quilt shops to visit, Alewine pottery, & of course great mountain views & hikes. Enjoy your road trip tho you may have to wait til you’re in FL to sit outside in warmer temps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taking classes. Always happy to learn something new and pick up tips from fellow quilters. My guild does offer classes occasionally but not as often as I would like. Also, working fill time makes it difficult to find evening or weekend classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The contact number for Country Road Quilters in Ocala is incorrect. Contact us through our website www.crq.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love classes - great camaraderie with great friends and I learn something, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't belong to a guild, but I love to take classes. I always for to learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never taken any classes due to a really tight budget. I would love to though, maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't belong to a guild--the local one meets at the same time I babysit our grandchildren. Our daughter works long hours as a physical therapist. Safe travels in February--the weather has been rather crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never taken a quilting class.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've taken many classes. I love the camaraderie when I'm learning a new technique. Sometimes I take classes jut to meet the teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love taking classes and learning new techniques. As a matter of fact, your Thirty Something class was one of my favs. The picture reminded me that I really need to finish it off. I only have the corner units to finish in the outer pieced border and then sew on the final border to be done. What's wrong with me???!!!??? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've taken many classes and always learn something new. I also have collected more pre-cuts than I can ever hope to use but, yes, they are so darn cute! It's 26 below here in Breezy Point MN today and in a week I am heading south to hopefully warmer temps--I have a wedding to attend in Kansas--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I mostly participate online these days for quilting but in the past have taken many classes and had belonged to a couple of guilds over the years. I have been quilting a long time so it's probably just a different phase! Love your patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like to take classes. Always looking to learn new techniques and tips. Our guild does offer classes periodically and my local quilt shop also offers classes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoy taking classes. Unfortunately right now the classes are too far away.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was just looking at the classes at Paducah Spring quilt show! I do take classes and our guild has a class every month and at every retreat we have. Love the classes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to take classes but our guild has not offered any classes. We have demonstrations and round robins and things like that but no classes. I know some of the quilt classes have classes but I have not taken any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like classes that are 1/2 day or just 6 hr. I can't sit longer then that anymore. I am program director for the Guild so I am going with classes on different things. We aren't a very wealthy guild so I have to get creative.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do enjoy taking classes. Our guild does offer some classes, but I sure wish they’d offer more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love classes because you meet so many great people. I am not a member of a guild at the present.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do not belong to a guild at this time. I have done several of your quilts and love your fabric

    ReplyDelete
  22. Say hi to Dolly while in Tennessee!!! Enjoyyour time too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do not have a guild to join but I have taken a few classes! Have a fun time in warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just catching up on your blog and I'm thinking you were really smart to plan to head south. Did you bring the cold to Tennessee? Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete