Saturday, May 30, 2020

20 Years of KTQ BOM Block #10

Block #10 - Ten Plus

We're half way through our quilt commemorating 20 years of fabric design with Moda. The Ten Plus block arrives at the perfect time to celebrate the first ten years of KTQ. I remember feeling so grateful - and a little overwhelmed - that I had been doing what I love for a decade. The quilt, Kansas Troubles - 10 Years & Counting, was created to represent a milestone in my quilting/design career. It featured a block or applique design for each fabric collection to that date. The pieced border is a quarter of the Kansas Troubles block. It's still one of my all-time favorite quilts.

Kansas Troubles - 10 Years & Counting BOM

But I digress. This week's block is a simple 9-patch with double half square triangle corners. I made mine in two different colors - red/tan and black/tan - with a center accent fabric.

My tip for this block is to press carefully when adding the D setting triangles. The instructions say to press toward the D's, but I've had better luck pressing the seams open so the DB pieced triangle unit lays flatter. After pressing, I lay the large A triangle under the pressed DB unit to check for size/distortion, and repress, if needed, to match. This extra step will help make your double HST corner blocks square and the perfect size.


These fun and easy Ten Plus blocks should go together quickly so you can get back outside and enjoy this lovely early summer weather.

Here's what the Ten Plus block looks like in a two color quilt. Love it! If you're enrolled in KT's BOM program, you'll receive this 20 Plus pattern FREE. If you'd like to order it, find it HERE at ktquilts.com.





2 comments:

  1. Lynne, Robert, Kathy, I believe the cancelled retreat was scheduled to begin tomorrow. I understood that Lynne had planned to spend these 3 days (or part) with those who were coming to the retreat -- AND that we would receive the kit for the project to sew on together. I've not heard anything at all, but wonder if I missed an announcement somewhere along the line. Shirley andrews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I announced in the KT & Friends Retreat Facebook group that the virtual retreat and shipment would be postponed due to fabric shipment delays. Your box will ship around the 6th of July with a letter letting you know the dates of the online retreat. Thanks for inquiring.

      Delete