Monday, November 14, 2011

100 Quilt Blocks Winners Announced

Okay ladies, the 3 winners of a Quiltmaker 100 Blocks Vol #4 magazine are: Kathy, Anne & Dona! You know who you are because you received an email from me with the big news. Thanks for having your email link on your profile. It's so much easier to contact my blog winners if I can email directly instead of just posting your name and hoping you check back to see it. I appreciate all the lovely comments about the block. We're planning to make a couple projects next year featuring it, so keep watching.

Over the years, we've made quilts for books, our KT Quarterly Newsletter, KT Stash Society and Charmed Club that were very popular and have had requests to offer those projects as single patterns. I'm happy to announce several new projects as single patterns this fall - Bachelor Buttons, Prairie Medley, Crossing Mulberry Creek and Picnic Plaid. Each of these was offered in a shop exclusive program or KT book over the past few years. Now, we're making them available to everyone!

Who doesn't love a blue and tan scrappy quilt that's easy to piece with a touch of raw edge applique and finished with red buttons? Bachelor Buttons first appeared as a bonus project in our
Seeds of Time Block-of-the-Month. 

 Prairie Medley is just that - a medley of print, plaid and wool charm packs that work together to create a fun little quilt with lots of personality and charm.

Crossing Mulberry Creek is pieced with simple 9-patches - a quilter's staple - then embellished with raw edge navy plaid squares cut on the bias that are added after the quilt is quilted. A great man quilt!

 Picnic Plaid is one of my son's favorites - very soft and cuddly. More 9-patches carefully placed to look like a giant plaid. Doubled red plaid bias strips are added while you quilt-in-the-ditch for an easy finish. Imagine the color possibilities - browns and tans with pumpkin strips, reds and greens for the holidays, or any combo to match your home decor or school colors.

These are a few of the new/old patterns. Watch tomorrow's blog for more!

11 comments:

  1. Wow! I really like the Prairie Medley one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winners!
    Wonderful quilts and the fabrics in them are gorgeous.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the magazine! I have never won anything on any of the blogs I watch! wow!
    And I love love the Bachelor Buttons quilt its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the winners - Please pick ME next time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bachelor Buttons is Wonderful! I love blue and beige.

    Congratulations to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bachelor Buttons is a gorgeous quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winnners, you lucky ladies..
    Love all the quilt patterns..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to the winners! I'm happy...I won on another one of the blogs!!! :)
    All the featured patterns are great but I truly ADORE the Bachelor Buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My ffavorite is the Bachelor Button, a must have.
    Carol L

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the Picnic Plaid. There are so many possibilities for quilts for the guys in my life.

    ReplyDelete