Saturday, September 3, 2011

Shopping for Inspiration

I enjoy exploring the island's artisans workshops. One of the pottery shops is off the beaten path down a one lane road thru an enchanted forest. Pots, bowls, vases and plates are outside on picnic tables and chairs, leaning against trees and hanging from the side of the building with an old rowboat filled with seconds labeled "sale boat". Robert loves pottery mugs without a handle for coffee and water so I picked up a cool "drippy" one for him. I was in need of a new soap dish for my bathroom, and the bowl (from the sale boat) holds jelly beans perfectly! The silver cuff bracelet is one of my favorite finds - part of a serving bowl from the 1800's fashioned into jewelry. Love it!

I added to my bird collection with 2 more of these resin birds embellished with all kinds of fabulous finds. The robin on the ball was purchased in Portland during market. The other 2 were found in LaConnor at a gallery full of interesting art. I was only going to buy one, but had to get the bird on the "H" for Robert.


I'm always fascinated by pieces made from found objects. "Time Flies" jumped into my hand and wouldn't sit still on the shelf. Just had to bring it home. At an antique store in Snohomish, I found a large old clock face that will be perfect on an old marshmellow tin that's a bit too beat up to display, but wonderful for embellishing. Robert is excited to use some of the old junk we've accumulated over the years. It's also a really good excuse to buy more good old junk - much like buying fat quarters even when you're not sure what you're going to do them right away.

Monday I'll announce the winner of the KT Classic Plaid charm pack. I'm inspired by all your comments to begin offering plaids by the 1/2 yd. on our website. We'll get on it next week.

I love hearing from all of you. Thanks so much. Lynne  


15 comments:

  1. Love the "handcrafted" finds when I travel. Beautifully pottery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun collectibles and nice pottery.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne, love your blog! Where you can enter the giveaway for the plaids and what website can you purchase the eights from?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birds are lovely, I've never seen those before. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great treasures! Love the pottery and that cool bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great birds----someday will you show us your collection?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a daughter who collects little birds - these are so fun and unusual! Good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I truely love the birds you purchased, do any of them have web-sites

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great finds. Funny how things have a way of just jumping off the shelf into ones arms.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the birds. It's so much fun to find great things when you are away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have to say...always love pottery and the birds are great BUT for some odd reason I adore Time Flies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful collection of birds! Thanks for sharing photos of your treasures. If I were keeping a list of towns with quite unusual names, Snohomish would be added to it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The handmade pottery stuff is always awesome..... good finds.

    ReplyDelete